Saturday, May 13, 2006

Free Alaa: Blogging, Activism and Human Rights

Well, start reading a few decent blog and blog-info pages, and challenges to freedom will confront you just like almost anywhere else. More than one today has told me about the latest repressive acts in Egypt, which this time imprisoned among others a famous Egyptian blogger. One of the campaigners cooked up this Flash pamphlet, and it doesn't really fit in my sidebar! Sign the petition, Google-bomb and let Manal and Alaa tell you about one of our longest-standing low friends in high places, Hosni Mubarak.

EDIT: My faithful reader informed me that there's some annoying audio that comes along with the Flash. Sorry, guys, but I can't abide that. If you still want to check out the pamphlet, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home